1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PowerPoint indent settings

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rmccafferty, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmccafferty

rmccafferty Thread Starter

PowerPoint question: When working on presentations and using bullet points, after re-using or changing a text box, there is often more that one set of indents in the ruler bar. I cannot figure how to get rid of the extra sets, which do cause issues. With tabs, you just grab the little symbol and pull it off the ruler bar and they are gone. I don't see anything in the help system that talks about adding or deleting indents.

Help suggests looking in the Format|Paragraph section, but this really applies to Word since there is no such section in PowerPoint.

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi rmccafferty,
    Probably the easiest way to do it is to use decrease indent. Click in the text box for the line you want to decrease and click the decrease indent button. I'm not sure how to describe what it looks like but it's right next to the decrease font size button. If you hover over your toolbar buttons, it should give you the description. When you click it, the indent that you are trying to delete should disappear. Hope that helps and that it's not as confusing as it feels to me!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice