1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Powerpoint Problems

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Smooth1, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smooth1

Smooth1 Thread Starter

I am doing a powerpoint and am wanting to place a scrollbar in a text box so that I can scroll the text instead of have small text how can this be done. I have powerpoint 2000.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You need a control.

View-Toolbars, Control Toolbox.
    Pick a textbox from it.

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hi smoothy.

Please keep your "tech" info here. Use PMs for private messages only.

For others:

I got a PM from smooth1 that says:
    Ok I got the Textbox from the Control Toolbar, but how do I get the text to Go down the text box because all it does is go from left to right continuously.

What you want to do is hit Alt+F11. This textbox is a control, which means that setting its properties requires the VB editor.
    So you're in the VB Editor. You'll see Textbox1 on the left of your screen, and its properties at the bottom left. In the "alphabetic" list of properties, go down to Scroll bars, and you should have the choice of:

none
    horiz only
    vert only
    both

:)
    Choose your poison. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice