1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PowerPoint Search? VBA help?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hineswardwr, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hineswardwr

hineswardwr Thread Starter

Hello! I have used this forum before and it is AWESOME! I was wondering if I could get your help on something else.

I have a seating chart mapped out on PowerPoint 2010. It has over 200 people on this chart! So if you are looking to find the location of someone, you have to have to search pretty hard to find where that person sits.

I was wondering if it would be possible to use VBA to create a pop-up search bar when holding down, lets say CTL-S. In this search bar you could type the name of the employee that is in the office and it would highlight or circle the text you searched for. This would make it easier to locate where that person sits within seconds.

I have not worked with VBA very much and would need help with the coding. THank you!

2. draceplace

draceplace

Welcome to TSG hineswardwr. Hope you found a better fanasty player, Hines retired Tuesday!

I've not seen any powerpoint vba on this site. I've always consider powerpoint a presentation tool. Perhaps you can open an excel spreadsheet from PP then search from there?

3. JohnWilson

JohnWilson

You might need to post the presentation somewhere so we can see how you have produced the "Chart"
    Also need to say whether this is in show view or edit view.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice