1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PowerPoint slide master

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cindyloowho, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cindyloowho

cindyloowho Thread Starter

I'm editing several existing PP presentations. All were written/designed by different individuals, and I'm trying to make them close to uniform. I've edited the slide master, but the changes aren't applying to all slides. Some do not include the logo required, others are taking the set bullet formatting, etc. Am I missing something really basic? Help!

2. Raphael

Raphael

Welcome to TSG!!
    I think the answer might be that you have to edit both the slide master, and the title master. Good luck!

3. cindyloowho

cindyloowho Thread Starter

Thanks, Raphael! Sorry for the slow reply, but I was happily not working over the holidays....Anyway, I tried editing the title master as well, but that didn't solve the problem. Yesterday, I again poured through MS info online and tried a few new things. Ultimately, the Microsoft info was close to correct, but I had to read between the lines to get it almost right!

SO: My close-to-solution to applying a consistent design to several existing presentations: Create a new design template and save it. Then open the existing file and choose that new design template; then all new design elements should apply. Of course, I still had to change some elements, slide-by-slide, by hand. I think it's because the original creators of the files used a variety of characters vs. true 'bullets,' etc. The almost-solution, I'm sure, will save me many hours, and I'll have just a couple of hours of hand-edits to do. I'm gettin' there!

Cheers!

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hi, Cindy. If/when master objects are missing from slides, try the Format-Background and UNCHECK "omit background graphics from master" (or something like that, it says).

:)

5. jeep2girl

jeep2girl

I know this is a little late, but for future you can try to reapply the slide master template by:

Format menu -> Slide Layout and then choose the the style that you are using (i.e. Title Slide, Chart, Bulleted List, Table, etc.) and then click on Apply.

Once in a while when you reapply the layout, some of your information on the page may change in size. If this occurs it may be easier to UNDO and then change that one slide by hand and go on to the next slide.

Hope this helps
    :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/108674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice