Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerPoint slide show

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  octothorp 
#1 ·
I recently made a PowerPoint slide show for my sons wedding reception and burned it to a DVD. When I played it in my DVD player, all I got was the music on the TV with no video. How can I view the slide show on my TV and get both audio and video?

#2 ·
Hmmmmm...not too sure, but I know there is software out there that can help.
You see. This is what I found out:
.."With some compromise in quality, distribute presentation videos on a DVD that you can playback on a PC as well as on a standard DVD player. Typically, the display resolution of a PC is 800 x 600 pixels, 1024 x 768 pixels or higher. On the other hand, a standard DVD video has 720 x 480 pixels (NTSC) or 720 x 576 pixels (PAL) resolution. Hence, when making presentation videos, Video Edit Magic will resize a video at 800 x 600 pixels (or 1024 x 768 pixels) to 720 x 480 pixels (or 720 x 576 pixels). As expected, you will experience an inherent loss in video quality. The important thing to notice here is that Video Edit Magic resizes a 1024 x 768 pixels screen video to a 720 x 480 pixels for DVD. You will loose more video quality than when you resize an 800 x 600 pixels video to 720 x 480 pixels. For the least loss in quality, make sure that you keep your display resolution to 800 x 600 pixels or lower when My Screen Recorder is recording your PowerPoint presentation. A standard VCD video is 320 x 240 pixels (NTSC) or 352 x 288 pixels (PAL). In this case, the resizing involved is so high that you will almost loose the entire video quality. Hence, it is not advisable to distribute screen recordings on a VCD. " Burned PP slideshow on a DVD for a friend for her birthday and didn't look great at all. Well just something to look into.
Reference this link:
http://www.powerpoint-to-dvd.com/support/powerpoint2dvd-users.html.
Good luck.

#3 ·
Perhaps I have missed the obvious here, but a Powerpoint Slide Show will only play if Powerpoint is installed on the device playing it.

A stand alone DVD player does not come with PowerPoint (or any other Microsft Office applications for that matter) built into it. Its not a computer.

There are applications for sale that will convert PowerPoint slideshows to DVD compatable displays (PPT2DVD, US $100), but thats a long way around the problem.

Have you no software that was supplied with your DVD recorder to create a compatable file, without using Microsoft Office for such a purpose?

#4 ·
ProShowGold will create a much more exciting slide show, and will "burn" your DVD once you have completed the show. You can audio tracks, background music, and have the choice a hundreds of slide transitions. There are additional features. PC Magazine rates ProShowGold highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.