PowerPoint toolbar customization

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GuruPepsi

For some reason, I am unable to get the toolbar customization to stay on in PowerPoint (I use PowerPoint 2002 SP3, but the problem also exists on my other versions).

I am trying to create an icon to delete a slide and place it next to the icon to Save the file.

This is what I am doing :
Right click the toolbar >> Customize
Commands tab
Select "Edit" from Category on the left, Select "Delete Slide" on the Command Box on the right
Drag and drop the command to the toolbar
Right-Click it and change the view to Default Style
Right Click again and assign an image by choosing "Change Button Image"
When I okay out of the dialog box, the newly created icon disappears from view.
However, when I click the spot where the icon used to be, the slide does get deleted.

Does not happen when I try to customize my toolbar in Excel or Word (same MS-Office package) using the same steps.

What is happening and how do I get my customized command icon to stick and continue to display ??

Many thanks in advance for help.

jimr381

Jim
Does this only happen when you drag it to the "Standard" toolbar or does it also happen when you drag it to the formatting toolbar as well?

GuruPepsi

It happens on both toolbars. I even tried creating my own customized toolbar, happens there as well

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts