1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PowerPoint toolbar customization

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by GuruPepsi, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GuruPepsi

GuruPepsi Thread Starter

For some reason, I am unable to get the toolbar customization to stay on in PowerPoint (I use PowerPoint 2002 SP3, but the problem also exists on my other versions).

I am trying to create an icon to delete a slide and place it next to the icon to Save the file.

This is what I am doing :
    Right click the toolbar >> Customize
    Commands tab
    Select "Edit" from Category on the left, Select "Delete Slide" on the Command Box on the right
    Drag and drop the command to the toolbar
    Right-Click it and change the view to Default Style
    Right Click again and assign an image by choosing "Change Button Image"
    When I okay out of the dialog box, the newly created icon disappears from view.
    However, when I click the spot where the icon used to be, the slide does get deleted.

Does not happen when I try to customize my toolbar in Excel or Word (same MS-Office package) using the same steps.

What is happening and how do I get my customized command icon to stick and continue to display ??

Many thanks in advance for help.

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Does this only happen when you drag it to the "Standard" toolbar or does it also happen when you drag it to the formatting toolbar as well?

3. GuruPepsi

GuruPepsi Thread Starter

It happens on both toolbars. I even tried creating my own customized toolbar, happens there as well

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Have you tried "Detect and Repair" via the "Help" menu?

5. GuruPepsi

GuruPepsi Thread Starter

Yes, tried that too - does not work

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice