POwerPOint will not open good files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marbled

When I try to open a PowerPoint presentation (all of the sudden) I keep getting this message:
"The path or file name for \\...\*.ppt is invalid. Please check that the path and file name are correct."

These are files that I was able to open last week. The only thing different is that I ran Office Updates.

Thanks In Advance

I'm not a computer guru like dreamboat or Candy but when I can't open a ppp I try opening it from a different location..like from where it is stored ..or from Power Point...click on file instead of the most recently used list...This may not be your answer but it works for me they seem to find themselves after that...grin..
Good Luck...Joyy

marbled

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am clicking on the actual file, not a shortcut. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office and everything seems to be working now. : )

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online