1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Powerpoint Won't Play Sounds?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by macbook_girl, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macbook_girl

macbook_girl Thread Starter

Hello, from my username you can tell I am experienced with Macs. However, I am using a Windows computer for a school project and I am having trouble with Powerpoint.

I'm using several sound files for my presentation. Most of them are midi files from Clip Art. Everything was working fine, and all the sounds were playing, so I saved the presentation and then I added another file, in wav format.

This file wouldn't play in previews or in the slideshow, so I deleted it and tried again. Still didn't work. I took it out again, and tested the presentation without it. None of the other sounds would play.

How can I get the sounds to play, and what do you think caused this? I didn't move any files or anything. This is so confusing!

Any help would be appreciated.
    :confused: -macbook_girl

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    What version of PowerPoint are you using?

Are you sure the sound has NOT been "muted' on this system?

3. macbook_girl

macbook_girl Thread Starter

Yeah the sound isn't muted because I redid some of them and a few of them work, but a lot of them don't play now. And the wav file won't play at all.

I'm not sure what version it is, but it's an older version I think. I can't check at the moment what version it is but I will check later.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice