1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Powerpoint

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by teapota, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teapota

teapota Thread Starter

I have only been able to download powerpoint viewer 97 online , am i right in thinking that i need powerpoint itself in order to be able to print multiple slides per page. If so , is there anywhere i can get this without huge expense? ( preferably free ) thanks.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

This makes sense of your other post, where you omitted to say it was PPT viewer you were using, and not PPT itself.

PPT viewer is just that, a viewer. It does not support the range of functions that PPT does, and handouts are one of the functions seemingly unsupported.

PowerPoint is part of the MS Office suite of programs, and is not available "free" anywhere. Thats why they make PPT viewer available free.

You could try Star Office, or OpenOffice, they are both versions of a full office suite readily available, but to what extent they support PPT I am unsure. They should be available free on CDs on magazines, or a large download.

3. teapota

teapota Thread Starter

Thanks for your time kiwiman . What in your opinion is the best option for me , in order to be able to print these slides as handouts?

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You could try Open Office, or Star Office. They are available free.

I have not tried their compatability with PPT. You certainly can't do it with PPT viewer.

You could try capturing the slides as screenshots, and embedding them as pictures in Word or similar. Messy but would work.

Pressing PrtScrn or Shift PrtScrn will place them on the clipboard. Then open a graphics package (Irfanview) and paste. Crop/size as needed, and insert in a document

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    teapota:

I might try just going to the nearest Kinko's and have them print one copy for ya. Make copies of it.

They'll need a PPT or PPS file.

6. kenneth2k1

kenneth2k1

I have OpenOffice. It has a few bugs and is no where near as capable as Office, but it's free. And you can open .ppt files, print outlines, notes, slides like PowerPoint.

You can download it at www.openoffice.org

Ken

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice