Powerwash question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lbj236

I want to powerwash my computer, but I have many important documents on docs and slides, will it delete those documents?
Thx

Couriant

James
Hello! I assume you have a Chromebook? Here is an excerpt:

"A quick Internet search lead me to this Google support page, where it was revealed that "Powerwashing" a Chrome OS device is a fancy way of saying "factory reset."

Resetting a Chrome OS device wipes all user accounts and locally stored content. In order to preserve any saved files, you only need to move them to your Google Drive folder, wait for it all to sync up, then proceed with the reset.'

So you will need to make sure that your data is saved in Google Drive before powerwashing it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online