PPLive Bandwidth Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beckham2k2

Hey guys,

My parents have been using a p2p program name PPLive to watch shows in asian countries like Hong Kong, Taiwan, China ...etc. This program however, hogs bandwidth constantly which slows down other computers within the router.

For example,
When I play Left4Dead2, the ping is always around 45-50.
When PPLive is on, ping will be at 350+ up till 1000 (yes that means moving the game itself is a problem which causes disconnecting or retry connection...etc)

I have been bother with this for a period of time, I had attempted to use NetLimiter to limit the download and upload streaming which works Perfectly. However, the restriction of bandwidth causing my parents unsatisfactory about the program and keep blaming me for my selffishness (asian parents Psh!) which forced me to live with no NetLimiter blocking.

With Drama aside, I am currently using Cablevision's Optimum Online which gives 15Mb/s MaxDownload(~7Mb/s downtime) and 2Mb/s MaxUpload.

My QUESTION (sorry for the long story) now becomes,
a) If i upgrade it to Optimum Online Boost (30Mb/s MaxDL - 5Mb/s MaxUL) will PPLive still causes such bandwidth problem?
b) If it still causes such problem, what is the optimal setting for NetLimiter to restrict PPLive such that, my ping will be okay while PPLive streaming will be smooth?

Thanks a lot for all the responses
Best

beckham2k2

bump because this is kinda urgent and i want to make sure some ppl check it out =)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online