Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PPoint '13 problems with photos after Windows 10 upgrade

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
After upgrading to Windows 10, I found that my PowerPoint 2013 cannot insert photos into a new presentation. Also old presentations with photos in them (prior to the Windows 10 upgrade) will open but photos are not shown properly. When trying to run presentation, it will not run .

We tried uninstalling Office 2013 and re-installing it, but same problems occur. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi Cancey, I think the problem might be due to compatibility issues with MS 365 2013 version that may not be compatible with Windows 10. I would erase all older 2013 versions of MS Office 365 and all traces and try the version I suggested below.

Which Office 365 type are you using such as home office, premium, students professional ext. Which Windows 10 version is installed? If your using home version operating system you should use the personal or home version of office 365 to match your system requirements. It should be available for students as well.

I would try upgrading to a newer version of MS 365 to the 2016 version and see what happens. There should be a free trial available that will allow you to test a newer version to see if that makes a difference.

#5 ·
Just to make sure we have the correct information.. the image you are showing is PowerPoint 2013, and not PowerPoint Office365 (below):

Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

Office 2013 per Microsoft has been tested and is supported on Windows 10.

I will continue my thought as I need to leave now... I have had this issue before, but it was more of a compatibility issue.

#8 ·
I am using the Pro Plus 2016 version of Office 365 and its bundled with Word, Onenote, Powerpoint and Excel. This version works great on my Windows 10 64 Bit Home OS. That's why I suggested one of the Office 365 2016 versions. You can still use powerpoint since it comes with the bundle.

#9 ·
I was not aware that Office365 had PowerPoint 2013... Besides, I would think that the OP would have to purchase the offline version of Office 2016.

Right now the issue is that the OP has Office 2013 and for some reason, it is not allowing pictures to be attached. As I mentioned before, I had this issue occur, but it was due to the file was a .ppt file and not .pptx. It was made on an older version and the PowerPoint 2016 did not like the file. She was able to recreate the PowerPoint as she had the files, so the issue was with that specific file. I suspect that if the user was to upgrade to Office 2016 / 365, that the issue will continue.

@Cancey - to confirm, if you were to create a new PowerPoint file, and on the first slide you try to attach a picture, what happens?

Also, if you feel up to this, please run the removal tool as outlined from this MS link: https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...77a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Scroll to Option 2 to download the tool. Once you have uninstalled it and whether or not it asks you to reboot the computer, reboot it. Then reinstall Office 2016 and try creating a new PowerPoint file and add a picture.

#13 · (Edited)
I was thinking that Cansey would like the offline version better. If Cancey doesn't like it he or she can uninstall it before the trial ends. It could be that Cancey may be looking to save disk space by using the online version. I use Office 365 2016 offline and its not a problem on my laptops. My laptops are both Windows 10 64 Bit OS and are speedy and work like new. The offline version is more flexible than the online version. You can also convert the 2013 version to work with 2016 like I have when I pulled it down from the school server.

I am sorry if i'm blowing up this post but I thought of another idea that may help. It is possible that since Cansey is using the online version that there could be browser compatibility issues and Cancey could try using powerpoint 2013 in a different browser other than the one he or she is currently using.

#14 ·
Until @Cancey comes back with an update, I guess this thread is no longer active...

Considering the screenshot is of PowerPoint 2013 - "offline installation", one would deduce that they are using the original Office 2013. ;) I'm happy to talk about this in a separate conversation to avoid this thread getting any bigger and getting away from the original issue, which is the formatting of the files including new presentations. ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.