PPPoe not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

waqas300

hey guys,

I have TP-link router TL-WR740N that connects successfully with my ISP PPPoe connection. where as the Linksys E1200 router does not connect to the PPPoe connection. Its seems very weird that one router connects while other doesn't. All the settings are same but still the Linksys says unable to get IP address from PPPoe.

TerryNet

Terry
You power cycle the modem when switching the device connected to it, right? Sometimes it takes longer; try powering down the modem for 5 or 10 minutes.

waqas300

Tried that but the problem persists. The Linksys router is unable to make a secondary connection and i am not getting IP on that. i need to get the IP on the router to connect to the PPPOE connection. i called up the ISP guys they told me to use TP-link or Tenda routers only. But thats totally strange.

Tried that but the problem persists. The Linksys router is unable to make a secondary connection and i am not getting IP on that. i need to get the IP on the router to connect to the PPPOE connection. i called up the ISP guys they told me to use TP-link or Tenda routers only. But thats totally strange.
reset the router to the factory settings and then update the firmware...

TerryNet

Terry
Some ISPs still require registration of the MAC Address of the device connected to the modem. If that's the case with your ISP clone the WAN MAC Address of the router that works to the other one.

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What do you mean by secondary connection? Are you trying to run both the TPLink and Linksys routers over the same circuit?

waqas300

Please check the attachment. i mean to say is that i am not getting a DHCP IP from the ISP on linksys. As you can see the secondary connection is the DHCP from ISP.
Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 2.30.53 AM.png

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online