PPThumbs.ptn

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deubanks

Can anyone tell me what the file PPThumbs.ptn is? Do they have a purpose? It appears in some of the folders in "My Documents". Is it OK to delete them?

Thanks,
deubanks

Do you have a Paper Port scanner?

Paper Port scanner software uses those files to
enable thumbnails on their desktop.

I have one of those Visioneer scanners that uses PP software.
I haven't run it enough to find any of those infesting my rig, but I am sure you can delte them all, except maybe the ones in the PP program if you still need them.

HI ROG :D
Guess who?
You won't.
Nice BB software here.

Welcome to the board, Ghoul'

You might want to enable PM in the CP for the "personal touch"

Done

Now where will I see it, only in the profile or on main page?
No, I was too lazy to check the rules.

deubanks

Thanks Rog's Pal,

I do have a Visioneer scanner with PaperPort software. I beleive what you said is correct. I checked the properties on the file and found that it is suppose to be a hidden file. I went to tools and folder options and clicked on "do not show hidden files."

Thanks again for the info.
deubanks

Hi deubanks. I'm not sure if checking "do not show hidden files" is such a good idea because that will make it more difficult at times to spot viruses or trojans. Just my 2 cents, though.
:) sharon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online