practical application

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BluCrash

hey all, it's been awhile since I've logged on, over a year infact.

anyways, onto my question, I'm considering building a daul CPU machine, but I want to know if there is any practical application for one. I've heard that they are good for video/photo editing, but that's about all I've heard.

Please enlighten me. :D

Well, with a dual cpu you can configure your machine to let one cpu handle your application and one to handle the background services. That is why macs tend to be better then pc's for working with photoshop etc cos at least with the G5 there's a dual cpu setup (I dunno about the G4).

Btw - you might wanna look into the Asus P4c800E-Deluxe mobo. It virtually uses a dual cpu setup with only one cpu and works a treat for me. Of course with my setup my system is sometimes as slow as a 1.5ghz machine, but thats only when Im running a lot of services

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online