1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Prayers & Bibles Banned In Schools

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Deke40, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

I had this letter printed in our local paper's Opinion section awhile back and it seems more appropriate now:

I don't believe our problems today come from disallowing prayers and Bibles in school. The major root cause of a lot of the religious and moral decay comes from the lack of family unity. My mother was a divorcee with three young childern to raise. We had to live with my grandparents and my mother had to work. But I had a loving and kind grandmother to be with after school. I realize now why my mother could't be there.

My point is that in todays environment the divorce rate is very high and a lot of mothers have to work. But there are a lot of two parent families that the mother also works. I think people need to take stock of their life and decide whether that big house and two new cars and a boat shouldn't go further down on their priority list and more quality time with their childern move up the list. You need to be there with them when they're hurt or have a question that a mother or father needs to answer, not a daycare person are a babysitter.

By the way that grandmother,that at the time I thought was a "mean old woman", that I now know was loving and kind, has long passed. What I would give to put my arms around her one more time and tell her how much I love her.

2. GreenIs

GreenIs

Deke, that is exactly how I feel! I am a full time Mum. I wouldn't dare put my son in daycare when he was younger. My husband and I sacrificed the expenses we could do without so that I could stay home....BUT my husband and I could afford a one income household. It's sad to say but a lot of people whom do have children only make minimum wage, so the one income option is not a choice they can afford.

I am a strong believer in family taking care of family because I don't like how day cares and babysitters "are". Our children should learn our morals, our values, not a strangers or a institutions.

We've seen what the X generation is like and they were the first to have divorce and one parent house holds or two parents working. We have seen their lack of respect and their attitude of " you own me". I didn't like it, so for me and my husband at the time, our decision to have one parent at home full time until the child was at school all day was the choice.

But I have to stress, not all parents are good parents, and so for some children all they have is day care or school to guide them to be better people.

3. hewee

hewee

Yes the family needs need to come first.

I grew up where we did not alway have alot of things but we always had love, food, cloths and a roof over are heads.
    My dad was in the air force and twice he was gone for a year.
    But his brother that lived in another state got jobs out of state and would say with us tru the work week and help my mom out with things and it was great to have him around to help out. It was alot of hard work for him to do that because he had alot of driving to doing just to get to are home and then a very long drive still to get to his job but he did it all to help us out.
    My mom always stayed home to be with the kids and I am glad she did.

I love my parents and I never seen them fight either. Wish other were the same because they always made everything work out for the best no matter what.

Love and caring is why. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice