1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pre-Dial Terminal Screen

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jazzie, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jazzie

Jazzie Thread Starter

I have just recently reloaded windows 98 on my computer but now when i dial an internet connection a 'pre-dial terminal screen' appears. How do i remove this message box from appearing when i access the internet?
    Thanx
    -Jazzie

2. Del

Del

Double click My Computer, Double click Dial up Networking.
    Right Click on your connection and Click the Scripting Tab, Set it to Start Terminal Screen Minimized.

3. bross

bross

Del,

I'm having same problem with Windows XP. How can I stop the Pre-Dial Terminal Screen from popping up each time I try and go on line? Thanks for any help.

4. noknow

noknow

ariel

Cannot get Del's instructions to work in XP. What am I missing?

noknow

5. trishevanson

trishevanson

Go to "My Network Places" then "view network connections". Right click the connection you're trying to use...go to properties.

General tab...under "connect using" where your modem is listed, press configure. Near the bottom uncheck "show terminal window".

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!