preloaded images

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aliisa

Hi, I've been using the following script for preloading images ~

< !--
Image1= new Image(width,height)
Image1.src = "image1.jpg"
[etc.]
// -->

Which worked for ages but now doesn't. It's being used on this site ~

http://www.toucan.clara.co.uk/index.html

I use the same script on another site and it works fine. What am I missing?

Are both domains on the same server? Server config could be the prob. If one server has it's default scripting language to vb script and the other JavaScript it could explain it.

Try declaring the scripting language:

&lt;script language = "javascript"&gt;

And don't forget to close the script tag

&lt;/script&gt;

aliisa

Ok, I've sussed the problem. Nothing to do with javascript. I'd previously renamed the rollover images and forgot I'd done it. Duh!

Moral ~ always check the obvious! :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online