Premiere 6.0 Capture problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jimdrummer

Hi folks,

I am using Adobe Premiere 6.0. I have a Sony VAIO P4 1.4mhz, ATI all-in-wonder 128 pro capture card and a Canon XL1 DV Camcorder. When I capture video in Premiere from the xl1, it's jumpy and not very good quality. (Using the composite video, not firewire). If I play the same clip back in the ATI Video Editor it's smooth and the quality is excellent. I've tried a host of different settings but cannot get the same quality in Premiere with the same clips. I haven't received my firewire yet and I'm hoping that may solve the problem. I never had any trouble capturing video with my analog camcorder. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank You.

Rache

Banned
Hi and welcome.

The best transfer method for dv is firewire. It's about the only device that can handle that amount of data transfer efficiently. You'll find the quality very good when u use it.

BTW make sure all b/g progs are off when capturing and ptt (printing to tape) otherwise dropped frames etc will occur.

jimdrummer

Thanks Rache.

I won't be getting my firewire for a few more days. I was hoping I wouldn't be wasting several days doing nothing only to encounter the same problems with the 1394. Thanks again.

jimdrummer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online