1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Premiere / After Effects interface

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Martial33, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Martial33

Martial33 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Phil
    Hi there

would anyone know why Premiere (1.5) cannot open After Effects?

eg, after inserting After Effects disk, it says it opens with Adobe Premiere -- but it doesnt.
    :confused:

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

I use Premiere Pro 2.0 and under the File menu, there is an item: Adobe Dynamic Link---After Effects Project and/or compostition is one of the choices. Not sure about version 1.5 but check it out.

3. Martial33

Martial33 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Phil
    Hi, thanks for the reply. There doesnt appear to be a "dynamic link" -- I was able to open after effects finally -- it was packaged as a .rar file which I never heard of. WinZip wouldn't open it, so I Googled .rar and found that is supposedly a superior sort of packaging with 8-15% more compression -- then I found a program on download.com to open it.

Im assuming from there, you save the effect, and import it into Premiere - but I havent got that far yet.

4. linskyjack

linskyjack

Yes----You have an older version of Premiere and thus you need to save the effect in AE, render it as an uncompressed avi, then import it into Premiere 1.5 for editing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice