1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Preparing automatic repair (loop)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Alex021, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex021

Alex021 Thread Starter

Hey, so I was using my laptop and force shut it down while some programs were running. When I try to start up windows, the computer wont load past a dark screen with the Inspiron logo and a loading bar that says "preparing automatic repair". The computer will then proceed to restart and come to the same screen hence the loop. There are two options in the bottom right corner f2 and f12: they both provide bootup settings although I do not know how to use them. Can anyone help me?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What were these "some programs were running"?

3. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    In order to try and fix this you will need to create a bootable DVD or USB via the media creation tool. Then the easiest and quickest way to fix is to perform the Windows 10 Reset operation below. If that is not an option that will work for you we can try some other options first.

How to make a bootable DVD or USB via the media creation tool:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

How to Reset Windows 10

Do not do any of this unless you have Current Backup

Refreshing Windows 10 will cause you to lose all your installed apps, third party programs but you will allow you the option to keep your personal files.

To refresh your Windows 10 follow these steps:
    1. Boot to Safe mode using one of the options in the following link
    https://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/
    1. After your computer restarts choose Troubleshoot.
    2. Now click Advanced.
    3. Choose Reset this PC and choose Keep my files.
    4. The refreshing process will start. This will take a while so be patient.

4. guyamit

guyamit

I would recommend first, just to start your operating system in "Safe Mode" , then when you got into the Windows try rebooting and start your Windows again. that should do the work in many cases. if it still doesn't work, I would suggest to take it for a technician and any other option is risky and you don't want to loose any data on your computer due to wrong procedure.

5. Alex021

Alex021 Thread Starter

I was running CSGO which is a pc game. I have also solved the issue after disassembling my computer and tampering with the pieces. I still would like to know why this may have happened so I can avoid the issue in the future.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Most of the time when this happens, it is Windows update that is trying to do some installs.
    One needs to look at the Flag when selecting the Start then Power, and make sure that Windows Update is running.
    I think it will say Windows Updates.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1201810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice