Preparing Automatic Repair

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MetalMindBlow

Hello,
When starting my computer it begins startup as usual then goes to a blue screen of death saying "inaccessible boot device". The screen then goes black and states "Preparing Automatic Repair", then does nothing. I've tried booting it in WinRE by force powering it off then starting it then doing it again about 3 times (like the internet has told me to) but it won't go. I'm at a loss. Please help.

Attachments

Inaccessible boot device means the boot drive has failed. Buy a new hard drive or SSD.

You can verify SSD firmware is OK, by going to BIOS and verify SSD status:
name, display name, model etc..

If OK, verify boot order is correct, you want "Windows boot manager" to be "boot order: option 1"

MetalMindBlow

You can verify SSD firmware is OK, by going to BIOS and verify SSD status:
name, display name, model etc..

If OK, verify boot order is correct, you want "Windows boot manager" to be "boot order: option 1"
I managed to get it working but if it ever happens again I'll definitely try this, thank you.

MetalMindBlow

Glad to hear you fixed it.
Would you please share what you did to make it work?
I turned it off all night and let it sit (I don't know if that actually made a difference) then I tried to get it into WinRE again and after a few tries it finally went. I just chose the troubleshoot option then startup repair and let it do its thing.

Be careful, SSD firmware doesn't have to fail unexpectedly, it may fail once and "recover" or even multiple times. until it's dead or overwritten for real with no recovery options.

EDIT:
You should backup your data just in case.

MetalMindBlow

Be careful, SSD firmware doesn't have to fail unexpectedly, it may fail once and "recover" or even multiple times. until it's dead or overwritten for real with no recovery options.

EDIT:
You should backup your data just in case.
Yes that's the first thing I did when it started back up. That way if it fails again I'll have no problem just buying new hardware if need be with no worries.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online