1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

presario c700 keyboard randomly skips

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pebble18, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pebble18

pebble18 Thread Starter

I have a Presario C700 with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have 2 issues:
    1 the touchpad often stops allowing me to scroll and I have to tap it multiple times to make it click on something

2 even more annoying is that when I'm typing the cursor will skip to a random place on the page and keys get typed that I know I didn't touch. At first I thought it was an overly sensitive keyboard, but then I had a friend watch me to see if I was touching other keys and I wasn't!

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

p 18:
    1. boot to safe mode by tapping the F8 key once a second during the boot process. Use the up / down arrow keys to high light / select "safe mode". Press "enter".
    Does the problem exist?

2. Some of are touch pad challenged.

3. On my IBM laptop, the left click button has begun to inconsistently respond. I think it is wearing out. A similar issue could be occurring w/ your CPQ lappy.

4. Tiny gophers?
    :)

What, if anything, have you used to clean your keyboard & touch pad. Use ONLY that which is recommended by CPQ.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/875554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice