1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Presario Power Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by comgeek, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comgeek

comgeek Thread Starter

I have a Presario 900 laptop. It will not power up or sometimes it will for a few minutes then go dead. I have 3 batteries fairly new, and 2 ac adapters (one has a led to show it is on). Last weekend it stopped working. I wanted to give this machine to my wife. It is still a decent machine. I have some electronic skills to repair it but would like some suggestions on what it might be before I rip it completely apart. Hopefully someone else has had this problem who has resolved it. Yeah old things are hold to let go.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Have you tried to power up with just an adapter, no battery connected?

3. comgeek

comgeek Thread Starter

Thanks. Looks like a great place to learn some things I didn't know before. Yes I tried it with no battery. I tried both ac adapters and even my cigarette lighter adapter. I am thinking maybe a on board voltage regulator or something with power management may be failing. I am kind of hoping someone might think of something I haven't tried yet. Hate to scrap the machine. It is still in good shape and plenty fast for me/my wife. Easier to carry on business trips (especially on jets) also.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice