1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

press f1 to continue ???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by razzcal, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. razzcal

razzcal Thread Starter

i just done a fresh install of a new hard drive in my sons comp, it was working fine untill he got to ( adjusting ) resolution; ie; and whatever else...now when you turn comp on it starts boot sequence then stops at press f1 to continue or delete to enter setup... if you press f1 it goes to windows, and works fine... i need help to get it to go strait to windows without the f1 to startup...any help greatly appreciated..

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

There has to be more to the message, the F1 will tell you what it is looking for.

YOu may need to get into the bios and give it auto for the disk, or if it is a Dell you need to turn of chassis intrusion in security within the bios.

3. razzcal

razzcal Thread Starter

its a asus a7n8x ..mb.. 3200 amd xp.. 1 gig mushkin mem.. xppro.. custom built ..

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

More info on the messages

5. razzcal

razzcal Thread Starter

there is no more on the messeges,, above the messege it just shows all the components...( press f1 to continue, delete to enter setup )....... i have hd set to auto detect,

6. razzcal

razzcal Thread Starter

i have checked and rechecked , everthing is set to auto detect....you think he might have deleted a startup file?

7. razzcal

razzcal Thread Starter

mfdnsc,, you think i could do repair w/ xppro disk , and this would clear up the problem? it will start windows as soon as you hit f1 , so it must be a startup or directory file missing.....

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273640

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice