1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Prevent video sharing

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Karen19, Apr 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Karen19

Karen19 Thread Starter

Hi, I am looking to see how one can stop people from sharing a video that you will put on a persons hard drive or computer. my computer will be that main source but I need the video to not be shared after that.
    any help please. I have tried to google it but all is about files and documents and nothing is working.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Good luck with that. Not even companies with $Gadzillion$ of dollars can stop people from sharing videos.

If I can see it, I can record it.

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

What's to stop a person from whipping out her cellphone and record that video as it plays ?

And if you share that video file with another PC or somebody, as long as he has read capability, he can play it, copy it, email it out to the world or what not.

You best bet is to have a private viewing room, with a security guard stationed, and having the viewer sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  4. lunarlander

lunarlander

There is something called 'digital loss prevention'. Basically you have to tag the file, stop USB memory sticks from pluggin in, and monitor network traffic for transmission of that file so that the file cannot be emailed or transferred out thru the network. It is not cheap.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!