prevent windows explorer from calling internet explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MuffinMan123

there's this one thing I find windows explorer REALLY ANNOYING.

if I ever type the folder address wrong (missing a colon when my hands got sloppy) in the address bar, windows explorer automatically TURNS INTO internet explorer mode and does online search.

I don't even use IE any more except for automatic update. I wish there's a way windows explorer wouldn't automatically do it when I type the wrong folder.

I had the access disabled for internet explorer in the add/remove program, but it doesn't do jack to windows explorer from doing it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online