1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Preventing IE 6 from crashing.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BigDaveinNJ, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDaveinNJ

BigDaveinNJ Thread Starter

Is there anything I can do to keep my IE 6 browser from FREEZING UP AND CRASHING when it visits a few sites.

I don't know why, but there are a couple of sites, and not necessarily graphic intensive ones where I would say, at least 50% of the time my browser will freeze up. Then I have to do a CTRL+ALT+DELETE to close it out.

Is there a way (other than not visiting these sites... which are good sites) to keep the browser from doing this?

Thanks in advance

DAVID :)

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

You could start by cleaning the hard drive. Get rid of the Temp Internet files, temp files, change the history from the 20 day default to 1 or 2 days.

You can also help raise your resources by removing all programs from startup that are not needed.

To clean the hard drive you can find instructions at.

www.rselby.com/cleanup.htm

To remove programs from the start up directiond can be found here along with a link to PacMan Portal which has a list of most programs you will find there, what they do and if they are needed or not.

http://www.rselby.com/Windows.html#6

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!