1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Preventing media files to copied on and played on the PC

Discussion in 'General Security' started by pankajbhalerao, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pankajbhalerao

pankajbhalerao Thread Starter

Hello Sir,

I am a small businessman from Pune, India. I am running a cyber cafe business here.

Due to strict anti-piracy laws here, we are not allowed to download, copy or play any media files (MP3, avi, vob etc etc etc)

It is extremely difficult to stop the download etc of all the media files in our cyber cafe as users don't bother about the laws. And the law enforcement agencies catch the owners of cyber cafes for any piracy which the user commits from our cyber cafe.

Thus I would like to know, if there is any setting in windows xp so that i can prevent certain set of file types to be downloaded or copied in my cyber cafe pc's??

If there is any software for such a purpose it will be great where in i will just block these media files??

I think such kind problems would be there in big corporate companies where piracy can be rampant, what do these people do.

Please help, as the law enforcement agencies here are becoming stricter everyday and they are going to such lengths to trap us in their net by hook or by crook. These people send decoys, copy and download media files in our computers and immediately afterwards they raid our premises.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Pankaj

2. midders

midders Account Closed

Content filtering software aimed at parental control should do what you want. Check out Net Nanny, Cyber Patrol etc.

Slainte

midders

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!