1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Preventing Network Browsing

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Andee, Apr 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andee

Andee Thread Starter

We are running Windows NT Small Business Server. I need to give someone on the network access to the Internet via our Proxy server, but not allow him to browse the network through network neighborhood. I've heard that you can do this on his computer by editing the registry somehow. How?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. mcseho

mcseho

Not sure about the registry settings but I beleive you can set a policy so that the net neighborhood icon will be hidden.
    Hope this helps

3. Wannabe

Wannabe

I don't do a lot of work with the registry, probably because I am afraid I will screw it up but I do know that if you have access to the router, you can set up an access control list that you might be able to block him from the network with. You would probably have to talk to your network admin first though (unless that's you), and he could show you how.

Wannabe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/41214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice