1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Preview screen Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by garhyandliz, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. garhyandliz

garhyandliz Thread Starter

When using Movie Maker, the preview screen is distorted. Please help. I have down loaded videos from this camera (Handycam mini DV) without a problem many times. Past tapes that have been loaded and worked at one time, no longer work without a distorted preview screen. I have tried loading on different computers with the same problem. What went wrong?

2. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

It sounds like the miniDV tapes are damaged in some way. Try recording with a new tape. Is the image distorted when you view it on the camera?

3. garhyandliz

The video looks great in the camera and plays fine on the TV. The preview is distorted and the so goes the movie. I do not think that it is a problem with the tape as I have played tapes that once recorded fine and previewed fine that no longer seem to preview with out distortion. Something has changed and I can not seem to figure out what it is. Help. Gary

4. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

In that case it's probably something to do with the capture. If you play the captured files in media player, are they distorted aswell? And if you import some sample video into MovieMaker, is that distorted?

5. garhyandliz

The movies that I have stored play fine. The tapes of movies that have been successfully made into movies, no longer preview without distortion and when remade into movies have distortion. I have tried every setting that comes with the capture. The distortion appears that the pixels are to big or too few. Thanks for the interest and help. Please keep thinking of a possible cure. Gary

6. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

Would it be possible to post a frame capture or short video sample in a .zip file so I can see the distortion?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice