Previous System Restore points are erased

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gss731

My system restore points are erased every 24, 48 or 72 hours. It appears to be random. I use XP home edition. I use XPfire wall. I use McFee & it is updated automatically. I have 60 Gig of free space on my hard drive. I have checked for a virus with both McAfe & Stinger. No virus detected

What amount of space do you have allotted to system restore?
[start/right click My Computer/Properties/System Restore/Settings]

gss731

bobol said:
What amount of space do you have allotted to system restore?
[start/right click My Computer/Properties/System Restore/Settings]
It is set @12%

One last 'obvious' question :rolleyes: .... the restore points removed are from an earlier date[other than recently], or all restore points?

gss731

bobol said:
One last 'obvious' question :rolleyes: .... the restore points removed are from an earlier date[other than recently], or all restore points?
All restore points are deleted!

gss731

Been there & looked @ it. I do not have an issue with any of the items discussed.

Is the disk being defragmented by yourself or by a program? I've done it once and lost all restore points.

gss731

fegfeg said:
Is the disk being defragmented by yourself or by a program? I've done it once and lost all restore points.
Have not done a defrag since this problem started

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online