Previously working PC turning on and off continuously

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Willsmeebob

Had this PC for a few years and has worked fine but today now when turned on it turns off after around 15 seconds and then keeps turning on and off on repeat.

CPU: i5-6600
Motherboard: GA-Z270X-Gaming K5
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
RAM: Hyperx 16GB
PSU: Corsair VS650

qwertyuiop69

Jakeb
Okay I have read multible things and you are showing signs of a defective or old power supply

crjdriver

Corsair sells some very fine pw supplies however the VS series is the lowest quality unit corsair sells. IMO there is no way I would ever run a real video card with a VS pw supply.
In order to test, swap in a known good pw supply. Note you do not have to fully install the test unit. Simply connect atx, aux/cpu, and video pw. Hit the ON button and see if the system will POST. If it does, shutdown and install a quality pw supply.

Last edited:

Willsmeebob

Corsair sells some very fine pw supplies however the VS series is the lowest quality unit corsair sells. IMO there is no way I would ever run a real video card with a VS pw supply.
In order to test, swap in a known good pw supply. Note you do not have to fully install the test unit. Simply connect atx, aux/cpu, and video pw. Hit the ON button and see if the system will POST. If it does, shutdown and install a quality pw supply.
Okay Thankyou, I will test this when I can

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online