1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Prey won't read dvd to play. Virtual drives causing problems?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Grendelwoof, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Grendelwoof

Grendelwoof Thread Starter

As above, I'm trying to play Prey and the game tells me the disc isn't in the drive when it is. The disc is in DVD drive d (it is a dvd), I have a physical cd rom e, and then I have a virtual dvd rom f that I don't know how to get rid of. I'm not even sure how I got it. I've been using power iso but that doesn't seem to be the cause from what I can gather. If any of you guys know of a solution, by all means throw it at me. Thanks :)

2. GripS

GripS

Hmmm. Seems odd that you have a virtual drive that your not sure how you even got it.

This 'Virtual Drive' should also show up in device manager. Find it. Click on properties. Then at the bottom where it says 'Use this device (enabled)' switch it to 'Do not use this device (disabled)'.

Let me know how the game is. Looks pretty sweet.

3. Grendelwoof

Grendelwoof Thread Starter

okay, I managed to get rid of the virtual drive (by the clock it seems like I managed it on my own before you posted. Doh!) and it STILL won't work. I'm officially stumped. I'm goanna look over the boards just in case I missed something in a sticky.

Edit: Tried updating the firmware of the DVD rom. Didn't seem to help much :( Also, it now times out, then rejects it when I hit "retry."

4. Jockstar

Jockstar

In the virtual drive that you didnt know how you got. Try turning all options off. BTW. What game is it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice