Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pri Master HDD Error

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Leinad 
#1 ·
ive been changing around computers lately so my win 98 has had a bit of a hard time physicaly, when i now boot up my 2nd cd drive spins like mad (it hasnt worked for yrs now) and when it stops it makes a few beeps and displays this msg under the american megatrends logo

Pri Master HDD Error
Run Setup

it only boots up to the Packard Bell screen (the first one) and thats it, then when the cd drive stops spinning it goes into the error msg.

please help!

#2 ·
Go into BIOS setup and choose a default configuration. There should be a message at the bottom of your screen on boot about what key to press.

This occurs too early to have anything to do with the operating system or the contents of the drive.

#6 ·
That's a good one to try. Press F5 and then press whatever key it tells you is for Exit. You will probably be asked again to confirm saving the changes.

#8 ·
OK. Sometimes, though most of the default settings may be as we want them, one or two may not be. It looks like your default settings have your floppy as a boot device earlier than your hard drive (or it is set to boot from floppy only).

Look around in BIOS setup for a setting for boot order. Try to set it so that it looks for bootable devices on the hard drive, then the floppy, then the CD-ROM. But at least try to get the hard drive up higher on the list. The rest don't matter so much at the moment.

#13 ·
its the most likely answer

Pri Master ide = not installed

after my compter had a bit of rough treatment ie. moving around (i droped from 15 cms high ounce) it didplayed that msg in main in bios, so i asume thats the problem and ive ruled out nearly everything else so thats probably the problem. I cant get the case off to see for myself so i'll have to take it into the shop and assume that the cable has come off, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.