1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Price Check: Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 900GB HDD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Funky_Junk, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Funky_Junk

Funky_Junk Thread Starter

Hi guys, it's about time for me to sell my current gaming rig. I've been off the computer scene for a while and I was just wondering what I computer like mine can sell for. I built it myself and it is about two years old. It is a very beautiful gaming rig with matching blue led's and blue psu cable sleeving.

Specs:

AMD Opteron 165
    Zalman CNPS9500 CPU Cooler
    DFI LanParty NForce4 Ultra Mobo
    eVGA Nvidia 7800GT
    2x Western Digital 250GB HDD
    1x Western Digital 400GB HDD
    2GB OCZ PC4000 High Performance Gaming Gold Plated Memory
    Chaintech 7.1 Envy24 AV-710 Sound Card
    DVD +/-R Burner (Reads and Burns DVD's and CD's)
    Thermaltake "Tsunami" VA3000BWA Case, Black with Reflective Coating and Window
    Antec TrueControl 2.0 550w PSU Custom Sleeved in Blue sleeves
    Windows Vista Business
    Windows XP Home

Thanks for all the answers!

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Well I bet it's nice but it's a socket 939 which is a dead end now so my guess is $450-475 if you a good audience.

3. prunejuice

prunejuice

Yeah...maybe a bit more. There are some quality components there.

Hey, sometimes you get lucky.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

If I were you, I would try to reclaim one of those OS licenses and sell the system for about $400-500.

It isn't a bad system, even by modern means, the problem is that it is A) Two years used and B) more than anyone who doesn't game would ever need. Finding the right market will be the hard part. Someone who can recognize a good PC and doesn't already have a good rig, or can't build their own.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

That's a great point you could sell the Vista or the XP, whichever is a retail version and add $a50 to that as there is no real value to the two OS. The other thing you could easily do is sell 1 or 2 hard drives separately and still sell the pc for $450 with 1 in it.

6. Funky_Junk

Funky_Junk Thread Starter

I've talked to some other people and it seems $700 is reasonable to ask for it, considering it comes with Windows Vista and 900GB storage.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

I guess a lot depends on how you try to sell it. On Ebay you would be lucky to get $350 but if you can sell it on a private sale you might get $6-700 locally.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698583

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice