1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Price estimate?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UnsettledBrute, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. UnsettledBrute

UnsettledBrute Thread Starter

First off i am not trying to sell something on this forum, i just would like to know what i should sell my old pc for.

Here is the add i posted

I am selling my custom gaming Computer. It has a genuine copy of windows 7 ultimate freshly installed and ready to go. Along with a 17" ViewSonic flat screen VGA monitor Capable of resolutions of 1024x768, a Logitech Wired Keyboard and a Wireless logitech lazer rechargeable mouse. I would love to keep this beast for myself but i am saving up for a car.

Case has 2 fans one on the left side and one in the back for very good ventilation. Has 2 USB jacks in the front along with microphone jack and headphone jack, it also has 4 usb plugins in the back with dvi hookup via the onboard video card, ps2 mouse and keyboard hookups and red ,green, blue audio and microphone jacks. Will also include all the power cables and hookups.

I play Left 4 Dead 2, Killing Floor, Team fortress 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, Bioshock 2, Just cause 2 and many others on this pc all the time!

CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 dual core 6000+ Processor

Memory (RAM)
    3 GB's of RAM.

Video Card
    Radeon HD 4350 512MB

Mother Board
    ASUSTek M2NBP-VM CSM
    CPU Socket Type: AM2

HardDrive's
    Seagate ST3160815AS Baracuda 7200.10 GB 7.2K 3Gbps SATA 250GB Hard Drive
    Western Digital Caviar WD800BB 80GB 7200 RPM 2MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive
    330GB total!

DVD/RW
    Sony Optiarc Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner

What do you think i should ask for this while being reasonable?

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

You are going to be addressing a limited segment of the market (gamers). People who just purchase a machine for home use aren't going to be interested in it.

Look on the CraigsLIst in your area or on eBay to see what similar units are selling for.

3. UnsettledBrute

Do you think i should make the posting more "home user friendly"?

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Are you going to be including in the sale the Retail Win 7 Ultimate disc? Hardware wise I would think in the range of $300 A retail copy of Win 7 included may bring that up a little. This is not meant to be insulting just realistic.

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

Yes, the majority of home users just surf, send emails, save their pictures, write a letter, burn a little music, etc. About 60% of my business is data recovery. When the average customer brings in a machine for data recovery the #1 item they are worried about recovering is pictures.

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If this is the System you were asking about Upgrading in an earlier Thread (specs make it seem so), there are some other concerns regarding resale value as well. Such as the power supply, while a quality brand, it is somewhat low powered. The case you described is limited in space, the monitor is small by current standards. I think to sell this a gaming rig would not be a well recieved point. Though, as a general home use system for web surfing, emails, music it would be fine.

7. UnsettledBrute

I am not including the disk but i have a genuine copy of win7 ultimate installed on the pc already.

8. UnsettledBrute

This is the pc i was going to upgrade but i just decided to sell it and build my own. Why isn't it a gaming pc? I play newer games all the time on it almost maxing them out.

9. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I am not a gamer personally, but most of the gamers I know would be looking for something newer and more up to date. I am not saying it won't run games well but that other people would be looking for something they can upgrade a little more (or a lot more). If you are not going to include the Disc from which you installed Win 7 on, you can not legally include the installed copy of Windows 7. So you would in essence being selling a computer with out an OS Installed.

10. Compiler

Compiler

- If your install of Win7 does not include the DVD disc you used to install it with, the Product Key becomes useless. Eventually this computer or your next one with the same Product key becomes invalid.

- Your computer is not considered a gaming PC by modern standards. Give or take - depending on the game, its about the same as a GF7600GT, slower than an 8600GT. It's about 1/4 the performance of todays low-end $65 4670 card. The 4350 sells for $35~40 on newegg. The AMD 6000 is replaced by a modern $55 AMD X2 CPU. The AM2 motherboard will never accept AM3 CPUs... so replacement of the CPU will never be worth it. No info on the PSU or case.

Without knowing about the PSU & case - (I valued at $20 for generic) - Your system is worth about $150~$175 without the OS, $250~$275 with... so you might as well include the disc and buy another copy of Win7.

11. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Reading his other thread he has a n FSP 300W power supply. and some sort of Slim case.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice