1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Price help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ziitype, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ziitype

ziitype Thread Starter

So My friend is selling me a used 1 year gaming computer for about 800$, i took a look at it, and it looks genuine from all the parts.. but i'm not sure with the latest buzz about new vid cards and processors if this is actually worth that much. Please tell me if this is actually a good deal? great deal? ****ty deal? or just plain rip off! - specs are below

26 inch samsung hdtv, wireless keyboard and wireless mouse. including a 250GB External HDD.

Stats on desktop computer:

-APEVIA X-Pleasure Black Aluminum Full Tower Case

-Samsung 18x DVD+/-R DVD Burner with Lightscribe SATA

-Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10000RPM SATA 1.5Gb/s HD

-Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium

-Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

-4GB A-DATA 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM

-EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16

-MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66Ghz Processor

-OCZ GameXStream 700W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Power Supply

-2 Firewire and 6 USB ports

-4 Fans

-blue LED lights

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Not a bad price however I would attempt to get him to throw in a second [large] hd and make sure you get the windows install DVD. If you are going to use the system for gaming, a 74gig drive fills up quickly. I use a raptor for the system drive and basic apps like office. I load games on to a 500gig seagate drive.

3. ziitype

ziitype Thread Starter

so do u think it's cheap or just a good deal... i mean the external 250 gigs he's throwing in is plenty for my purpose.. i also have another 300 gig hard drive on my own. so i think it's plenty.

4. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Yes, its a good price for all of that.

If you priced all those parts new online, it would come out to about $900-1000 USD.

5. ziitype

ziitype Thread Starter

thanks for the advice i'll purchase it then.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/763924

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice