1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Primary Master Drive Failed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wishmy, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wishmy

wishmy Thread Starter

Hi one day i was on my email and the computer automaticly shut off. When i turned it back on i got a Hardware Error saying that the Primary master drive failed. I went on the internet on my other computer to find solutions. And ive tried reconnecting the ide cables and the power cables. But on the black screen where it says primary master drive failed. It shows up Maxtorxxxxxx where it says Primary Master drive. I checked all the bios. primary master drive is on auto. but i cant select the ide hard drive to boot. I would go to the boot tab and try to select ide hard drive but my only options would be none or disable. I ran the hard drive check to see if its defective. no errors from SMART and this one other program i got. and the hard drive is running because when i touch it you can feel it spinning. And the weird thing is i ran the recovery system for viao computers and it ran fine. Recovered drive C with no problems. but when i booted it still said primary master drive failed. Im in desperate need of help. Thanks

2. zeddy

zeddy

Can you try and connect the HD to another computer to test it

3. Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

I have a mind to say the drive is cooked but good advice from zeddy.
    Nice motto by the way Zeddy.

4. zeddy

zeddy

Thanks Wolfeymole: Its the Family one "Remember your Promises" with our Coat of Arms, zeddy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/511460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice