1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Primary master isnt found

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by scottastroph, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottastroph

scottastroph Thread Starter

Hello all. I am having problems on one of my computers in which my primary master is not being found during bootup (it does find my slave drive and both cd drives on the secondary). I went into use it yesterday and it was frozen half way through bootup, as it if just rebooted by itself (it always stays on). When I rebooted I got the same thing so I turned it off for a while. When I tried again it booted up and I went to PC Pitstop.com to check my drives and it didnt say my drives were damaged or in trouble. After an hour or so it just froze so I had to reboot and again, no primary master but it does find the slave and both Cd drives on the secondary controller. Any idea what could be causing the problem?

Its and older P3 800mhz MB / 512mb ram / win xp pro SP2. not sure if that will help but i appreciate any input. Thank You.

2. Rache

Rache Banned

Does xp see the primary? Checked cables? Tried swopping slave/primary on jumpers? Did the prob occur after sp2 update?

3. scottastroph

scottastroph Thread Starter

I cant get into XP anymore. SP2 was installed a while ago and it has been running fine. Just all of a sudden it started acting crazy.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice