1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time install probs

Discussion in 'Games' started by Christoph, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Christoph

Christoph Thread Starter

I've been trying to install Prince of Persia on my friends machine, and everything seems to be going well up until we insert the second disk during installation, and a prompt comes up (after beginning the process of installing again) saying:

The wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert POP_install into Drive E.

I know it isn't the wrong disk, but it keeps saying that it is. What could be the problem, and how can I fix it? Thanks.

2. colman77

colman77

Does he have 2 disc drives?

3. bjenny

bjenny

hello,
    I also have the same problem and I have 2 drives, can some one help me

thanks, jenny from belgium:

4. colman77

colman77

So, one possible cause is that the game installer is looking for the disc in a specific place (in one certain drive). If you put disc 2 in the wrong drive, you will get this error message, even though the disc is actually in your machine.

OK, so you put in disc 2, and then the error message pops up. Take disc 2 out and put it in the other drive, even if it means taking out disc 1. Then click OK. If the same thing comes up again, switch it back to the first drive, and click OK again.

Hopefully that will solve the issue?

5. bjenny

bjenny

hello,
    Its working, thanks for your help, now I can play
    thanks for your help
    I also did a total virusscan and I found out there was something wrong with my pop-volume

, jenny(y) (y) (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/260089