Princeton Monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thenewmac

I recently received a Princeton VL 1916 Monitor as a donation for my computer and it didn't have any cords with it. Should there be a power cord? How does it connect to the computer?

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Hi and welcome

Yes, there should be a power cord. Plus a cord to connect it to your computer whether that be VGA or DVI.

thenewmac

Thanks for your quick reply Cheeseball. Now do you know how I might be able to acquire a power cord and VGA cord? Anybody?

Snagglegaster

Banned
Howdy, thenewmac, and welcome to TechGuy! Your Princeton needs an a.c. adapter like this one for power. The monitor can accept video input from either a VGA cable or a DVI cable. You just need to match the cable to your computer.

However, before you drop money on a 7 year old monitor, you need some assurance that it works, I think. I've seen way too many castoff computers and parts that either didn't work outright or were such junk that they weren't worth fixing, so you might want to clarify that point with your benefactor before you spend any cash on this.

thenewmac

Snagglegaster-Thanks for your information and suggestion. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online