1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Print an HTML file using "Run" utility

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by msepulveda, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msepulveda

msepulveda Thread Starter

I am trying to print an HTML file using "Run" command line.
    I believe I should use the switch 'p', I am not sure about the correct syntax. I am typing something like this:

iexplore -p c:\test2.html

Thanks in advance,
    Miryam

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Why cant you just right click on the file and select print. Cant say that I have ever heard of a -p switch for IE.

3. msepulveda

msepulveda Thread Starter

Hi,
    Thanks for answering.

The reason is that I am building a client application running on Windows 2000, (using OracleForms 6i), and I would like to add a button on the screen that would just print the file the user has selected.
    The files to be printed are HTML files.

Ideally, I would pass to the the button the file name, and then a command would be executed.

Someone told me that if I'd use the following :

iexplore someflag filename

it would do the trick. Any suggestions?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice