1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Print Artist 4

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wizzkid, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wizzkid

wizzkid Thread Starter

Hi all,

Anybody know anything about Print Artist 4? Is it compatable with Win XP? I'm having difficulty installing it for a friend, she says she already has it installed on one XP machine, I just keep getting an error saying something about not being able to run _SETUP.EXE. It also said something about setting up in the temp directory, but I haven't got a clue how to do this. So I tried it on another XP machine, it began to work then froze on the internet setup wizard several times.

Wizzkid

2. BillC

BillC

I've done a search and found that apparently it is designed for Windows 95/98. I went to the manufacture's site, but I don't read German. Sierra Home Classic is the provider. Not much help, huh?

3. wizzkid

wizzkid Thread Starter

Hi,

Thanks BillC, I thought it was for 95/98, but she said she has it on XP, she must be dreaming............

Cheers

Wizzkid (y)

4. wizzkid

wizzkid Thread Starter

5. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Funny, I had no problem installing PA 4.0 on my win2000 machine, but it would crash every time it was run. The troubleshooting page says to put it into win2000 compatability mode! I had to buy PA 2003, but it stopped the crashing.

6. wizzkid

wizzkid Thread Starter

Hi,

I,m a newbie to XP as I'm a 98se user so I don't know much about all the other features & modes it have available, I did try the compatabilty mode thing/wizard, put still the same problem, hopefully tomorrow when I see her, I will sort it out, now I have some troubleshooting help.

Wizzkid

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice