Print dialogue box fault in envelopes & labels

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aubigbird

I'm using Office 2000. When I go to print an envelope or a label in Word the text from the dialogue box is missing - picture attached. I have un-installed and re-installed Office and it hasn't made any difference.
It will still print when I click OK. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Anne Troy

Anne
Wow. Unless you have others that do the same thing....then the only thing to do is Word Troubleshooting. You'll find all the steps you need here. I'm 99% on thinking it'll work for you. You'll see why reinstalling might not help.

www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm

Anne Troy

Anne
The link I gave already provides those instructions....and then some, which could avoid the need to edit the registry.

aubigbird

Thanks Dreamboat and Derek,
I tried both your suggestions and didn't have any success.

I worked out the solution purely by accident at work today. I was printing an envelope and it came up with a message something like "wait for prompt from printer and insert envelope" above the task bar. I realised I was looking at the wrong way - MSWord, not the printer. I re-installed the printer driver (on the home computer)and hey presto problem fixed!!
Thanks for your suggestions.
Anne

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online