1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Print/Fax unable to connect to scanner

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by weybrew, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weybrew

weybrew Thread Starter

I want to scan an item with my Canon Pixma MG2522, the only scanner I have USB connected to my Win 10 PC, but when I click on "NEW SCAN" I get the msg that the computer is trying to connect to the scanner...then everything freezes and I can't close the program without using TASK MANAGER. This happens when I use Win 10 P Scan/Fax. I have also tried a 3rd party program called NAPS2 with exactly the same results. I have another of the same printer USB installed on a second Win 10 PC and both scanning programs work with no problem. Can anyone help?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8127 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5450, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 1862 GB (35 GB Free); H: 931 GB (111 GB Free); J: 1863 GB (41 GB Free); K: 1863 GB (284 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 304Bh
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Attached Files:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice