1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Print paper

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by NATTY BONGO, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NATTY BONGO

NATTY BONGO Thread Starter

I have an all-in-one hp v40 printer. If I try printing photos using the proper 8x10 photo papers will it give good pictures that I can put into a frame? The printing program I will be using is "PRINT WIZARD" a built in feature in XP.

2. Rockn

Rockn

It really depends on the original image and it's resolution. Also, if image is smaller than 8X10 and you strech it to fit it will lose some quality.

3. buck52

buck52 Banned

For people just starting out using the manufacturer paper and ink is probably best... that being said...

All in one printers don't do the best job on any one thing... ie: the name...

The other major item is the quality of the photo... crummy photo = crummy print no matter the printer or paper...

buck

4. NATTY BONGO

I received the picture via e-mail. It's a picture of a place I visited in Europe that someone sent me while on a current visit. I wanted to print it frm my e-mail and frame it.

5. buck52

buck52 Banned

Again... it depends on the file size as well as the quality of the original... How big is the file that was sent to you?

As a rule, email size pictures will not do very well at 8x10 but your idea of good/great could be much different than mine

6. n0sferatu

n0sferatu

If you want it to look the best you can get it, I'd suggest taking it to a photo shop and getting them to print it for you... starts from aroun 40 cents for a standard size photo, and they can quickly tell you whether the resolution is good enough for larger printing if you don't have a clue about these things. :)

7. NATTY BONGO

Thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/477039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice