1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

print problem from Umax scanner&AOL

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Auxch, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auxch

Auxch Thread Starter

Can you give me some pointers on how to make my Canon BJ printer print from a document generated by software from a Umax scanner. This printer will not print from this application but will print from MS Works or other applications. When the print command is sent the message box declares an illegal operation along with an error 29. I have re-installed the software 2X but the problem persists.

Additionally I cannot print from AOL either. What gives? Any Ideas?

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Sheldon Kane

2. slipe

slipe

Hi Sheldon, welcome to the board.

Which Umax scanner and which version of VistaScan are you using?

If you are using the copy utility from a newer version you have to configure the copy utility for your printer. There should be a printer setup button on the copy utility.

If you want some degree of control over the print you would want acquire the scan from an image editor and print it from there. I don’t know what image editor came with the scanner – probably Photoshop Deluxe, which I’ve never had on my computer. I can tell you how it is done through Irfanview and you can probably apply that to Photoshop Deluxe or whatever image editor you have.

Download and install Irfanview: www.irfanview.com You would probably be happy with the results if you allowed Irfanview to associate itself with all of your file types, but that is up to you.

Open Irfanview and select File>Select TWAIN Source. Select VistaScan – you only have to do this once and it will always acquire from your scanner in the future. Then go File>Acquire and it will open VistaScan. Scan what you want to print and it will open the image in Irfanview. Select File>Print and it will give you options as to what size you want it printed – if you don’t change anything it will print at the default settings for your printer at the same size as the original you scanned.

Even a simple image editor like Photoshop Deluxe will have more ability to tweak the scan than Irfanview which is primarily a viewer. Irfanview has some good tools though – look through the options.

Someone else will have to help you with AOL.

3. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

Sheldon: Regarding AOL .... There are two things you can try. First, there is an empty sub-folder within AOL named Spool ... you can delete that sub-folder & see if that fixes the problem.
    Also, check to see what Encoding method you have set on Internet Explorer>>>If it is set to AUTOSELECT, change that setting to the Western European (Windows) encoding setting. This too, has caused printers to not print in AOL.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice