Print Screen Locks My PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

threelefts

If I hit the print screen key to take a screen shot. Not matter what I'm doing (looking at the desktop or playing WoW), my computer instantly freezes and you can not do ANYTHING but power it off and reboot.

This seems to have happened after I upgraded my RAM to 4GB (added 2 more 1GB sticks of the EXACT same RAM I was using), but I'm not entirely sure that's the problem (though I have been having a bunch of problems getting Vista to recognize it all, which I have learned is basically impossible).

So if anyone has any idea as to what I can do to fix this, PLEASE share, as I am a graphic designer and often take screen shots (have been using the Snipping Tool lately which seems to work ok).

I guess I'll have to pull out the extra RAM and test it. But it still seems really weird!

Thanks,
Dave

P.S.
I'm running the 32 bit Vista Home Edition. :)

threelefts said:
If I hit the print screen key to take a screen shot. Not matter what I'm doing (looking at the desktop or playing WoW), my computer instantly freezes and you can not do ANYTHING but power it off and reboot.

This seems to have happened after I upgraded my RAM to 4GB (added 2 more 1GB sticks of the EXACT same RAM I was using), but I'm not entirely sure that's the problem (though I have been having a bunch of problems getting Vista to recognize it all, which I have learned is basically impossible).

So if anyone has any idea as to what I can do to fix this, PLEASE share, as I am a graphic designer and often take screen shots (have been using the Snipping Tool lately which seems to work ok).

I guess I'll have to pull out the extra RAM and test it. But it still seems really weird!

Thanks,
Dave

P.S.

When you say "exact ram" I have seen where the exact ram from a different batch is not the same especially since there are probably 4 ram makers and 20 sellers who try to appear to be makers. Tell us the brand please.
I'm running the 32 bit Vista Home Edition. :)

threelefts

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

I had all the links saved on Newegg from each item I bought. It's the same stuff. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online