1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Print screen stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by patrox, Sep 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patrox

patrox Thread Starter

When i finished tech support call with HP, the screen was frozen in the black background mode. After rebooting, i went in and restored my custom screen saver - My Utmost for His Highest - and now, cannot use my print screen, it only shows screen saver. This is a mess because i use my print screen all the time. am in school.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8191 Mb
    Graphics Card: LogMeIn Mirror Driver, 8 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 460 GB (262 GB Free); F: 366 GB (273 GB Free); K: 565 GB (393 GB Free); L: 471 GB (342 GB Free);
    Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Benicia
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

2. patrox

patrox Thread Starter

I also ran cCleaner and malwarebytes (both premium) just to make certain all was well, came back clean.

3. patrox

patrox Thread Starter

Well, i think i see the problem, I have a nvidia graphics card, and somehow the logmein mirror driver is sitting there in my device manager also, my question now is, did the tech effectively put a "window" into my system permanently?? grrrr!

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Who knows.

I have the feature disabled on all our computers.

Here are the steps to disable it.
    http://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/how-to-disable-windows-remote-assistance/

Print them out just in case you require assistance and want to turn it back on to get help.

Rather than using Print Screen, I use a small utility called PrintKey 2000. I press the print key button and the program pops up where I can select a rectangular section of a page and then choose to print it out or save it as a jpg.

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/printkey-2000-5-10

If you can't get Print Key to work, try this program.

I have the exe set to start with Windows so as soon as i touch the Print Key it is ready to go.

5. patrox

patrox Thread Starter

thanks much!! i'm going to disable/remove the curious "logmein mirror driver" but i feel morally obligated to call HP and discuss, since it was their service call. I'll put in a final post on this after i speak with them. In the meantime, i am following your welcomed advice! and thanks again!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195735

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice